P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

I was convicted with reckless Endangering Another Person in

Customer Question

I was convicted with reckless Endangering Another Person in 2012. My probation will be over in November. Will this charge disqualifiy me forever teaching in public schools again?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

The conviction will be visible...meaning it is a public record and available to prospective employers to review.

THere is not a "blanket" is possible, in theory, for you to be hired in a teaching job

But from a practical standpoint, I suspect it will not help your job least in the near future.

Over time the conviction will have less and less it may well be you can secure a job in a public school at some time in the future.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.