Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
81266493

Does he have to pay bail to get out of jail or does it

Customer Question

Does he have to pay bail to get out of jail or does it depend whether the girl friend presses charges?
How can I find out which police station he finds himself? His girl friend is not answering my call.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 27 years and I was a prosecutor for 9 years.

If someone is charged with a crime. They are entitled to go to court for an arraignment (reading of the charges) and a bail hearing. This should happened within 48 hours of the arrest. At the bail hearing, the judge will decide what bail amount to set, if any. Bail is used to make sure a person comes back to court to face the charges against him.

If you know the area where he lives, you can call that police department to see if they can help you locate him. If you tell me where this is, I will look it up for you.

Please let me know if I can help more. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate my service.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Things have been worked out. My son has been released with no bail and a court date has been set. He will be contacting a legal aid lawyer in the city he's in. At this time I won't be needing the services of "Just Answer". I hope I won't be charged with contacting your firm. Thank you for responding to my initial questions.

The only way you would be charged is if you were satisfied and accepted my answer. That is how I get paid.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** longer need your service.

Reach out if you need help in the future. Good luck