Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Is there any possible way to remove prostitution charges

Customer Question

Is there any possible way to remove prostitution charges from my wife's past she is not that person anymore
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This depends on what you mean by "charges." What does she have?

1) Arrests/indictments?

2) Convictions?

3) Both?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One conviction
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you.

If she has a conviction, it is not possible to seal it. She has to ask for a pardon from the state. See HERE. This is at the Governor's discretion.

The pardon, if granted, would not erase the conviction. However, it would state that it was forgiven, and would lessen the "stigma" associated with it when applying for jobs, for example. It also allows for restoration of voting and firearm rights, for example.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.