Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
81266493

I have been going to court almost two years battery charge

Customer Question

i have been going to court almost two years for a battery charge on my husband and 2nd degree forgery and i live in Arkansas and im on probation so when can i get these charges dismissed
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I will help you with your question. I have been an attorney for 27 years and I was a prosecutor for 9 years.

Can you tell me if you took a plea in this case with an agreement to drop the charges after you served probation?

If so, what did you take a plea to?

If you were offered a plea where you were placed on probation with an agreement that you will have your case dismissed once you successfully complete probation, you have to wait for the probation period to be over.

So, if you received probation for 3 years and you successfully complete the conditions of your probation, then the case will be dismissed in 3 years.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I will be happy to help more. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate my answer.