Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

Interstate warrant arrest robbery that is 45 years old and

Customer Question

interstate warrant arrest for nonviolent robbery that is 45 years old and the named suspect is not me ... same name only. Misidentity ? ... ongoing and I have not as yet sought legal representation and I am a poor, retired, 70 year old 100 % disabled veteran of the Viet Nam War and am at a total loss - HELP !
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
at present there is an open warrant for my arrest in Pomona California that is 45 years old and I live in Florida and have never been to the city of Pomona in my life. I was in San Francisco, Mill Valley, Sausalito in November / December of '68 for a gig in Sausalito in November for one month and we ( my band and I ) stayed in Mill Valley until we finished in December and I went back home to my Dads farm and Bill and Jim went back to Florida where I'm from and we broke up the band and that's all I know about California until now ... my wallet and ID were stolen from our house in Mill Valley sometime before we left in December '68. After that I stayed at home until August '69 when I worked at the building of the Woodstock Music Festival in Bethel, White Lake New York in August '69 ... from Woodstock I came back to Florida where I presently live ... I can't make heads or tails of this charge because I was never in Pomona, California.

My suggestion is that you get a local lawyer to make some calls to CA and just get an idea on what is going on and why. It may be the kind of thing that can be cleared up by a telephone call or two. You can find a lawyer near you to do this by going to and entering Criminal Law in the Area of Practice section.

You'd be better off starting with a local lawyer because they are likely going to be cheaper and won't be as inclined to drag things out since they know they can't actually represent you in CA.

That's the best way to handle it short of going to CA.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.