Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Im on probation and im required to wear a drug patch and

Customer Question

im on probation and im required to wear a drug patch and apparently my po doesnt know how it works because i have been clean but the patch has come back positive so he issued a warrant wat can i do . i passed my ua also i told him i would take a ua everyday a lie detector test even a hair folical to prove i havent used any drugs please help me i dont want to go to jail
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 27 years and I was a prosecutor for 9 years.

When you say you wear a drug patch, is this a prescription?

Are you speaking about a sweat patch?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no its not a prescription it was court ordered

Based on what you are saying, the probation department sent the sweat patch out for testing and it came back positive.

If a warrant was issued for your arrest, you will have to go to court as soon as possible. The earlier you go, you have a better chance of getting released on bail pending a probation violation hearing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the warrant says no bond allowed

It is important that you get an attorney to help you. You are saying you did not use drugs. The patch is indicating a positive for drugs. Your attorney can challenge the validity of the testing. Sweat patches can be easily contaminated and produce false positives.

What type of drug is the lab saying was in the sweat patch?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Meth

Do you have an attorney to help you with this? I can give you a resource to help find one in your area?