LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

My son absconded Community Corrections in Tennessee 4 years

Customer Question

Hi, my son absconded Community Corrections in Tennessee 4 years ago. This is the second violation on Community Corrections. The first violation let him out four months later because they forgot to get him to sign something in court when he got the original charge. So they started a 10 year sentence over again and make him sign language papers. He had three and a half years Street Credit then, I don't know about now. He has since had his first child, get the job and hasn't been in any new trouble. If he self surrenders with a lawyer what kind of time will he be looking at? Will they make him serve all 10 of those years?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your son's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If he turns himself in he will probably have to do at least half of the 10 years and perhaps as much as all 10 years (subtracting for good time earned while he is incarcerated) based on this repeat offense.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,