Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Make a story short my ex-roommate call the police said we

Customer Question

Make a long story short my ex-roommate call the police said we have been burglarized said he had several thousand dollars worth of jewelry stolen unbeknownst to me he'd given me some jewelry a couple of months prior to sell for money he owed me when I came back from being out of town for a month I was arrested and charged with the theft even though the jewelry that I had sold was only maybe $1,500 worth I guess my concern is is the fact that they have not handed in indictment yet it's been almost 8 months my lawyer says the average indictment is handed down four to six weeks in my County why would it be taking so long does that mean they probably don't have a strong case?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 4 months ago.

It could be that they do not have a case or they are trying to get additional information. In this case, no news is good news. In any event, there is nothing you can do until you are formally charged.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.