Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer

I have cancer and I have insurmountable bills, and I tried

Customer Question

I have cancer and I have insurmountable bills, and I tried gambling at a few locations to get out of the hole and I keep digging deeper, unfortunately not I took a marker for ten grand and then an additional one for 5 grand all this week at the hard rock seminole ft lauderdale and I lost another 15k out of my bank and cash and cash advances and I can't pay any of it now... Can I go to prison for this?
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: this just happened
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I am not in default yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

There are no debtor prisons in the US. Your failure to repay a marker will not land you with criminal charges. All they can do is sue you to recover the debt, as any other commercial creditor.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.