Taylor
Taylor, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
87350578

I have a case that has been waiting on a decision 60 days or

Customer Question

I have a case that has been waiting on a decision for dismisal for over 60 days or be bound over to district court. what is the time limit on the decision? If there is a time limit what happens when that time limit passes. This pertains to Douglas county in Nebraska
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I want to welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Would you mind answering a few more questions so i could better answer your question?

Expert:  Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Are you waiting on a motion to dismiss at the district court level?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am waiting on a motion to dismiss from county court or the case will be bound over for trial to District court
Expert:  Taylor replied 6 months ago.

thanks for clearing that up. Unfortunately a trial judge at the district level may take his time deciding on a motion to dismiss. He is not bound by a time limit. However, the case will not continue moving forward until the arguments for the motion to dismiss are heard.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is not at the district level yet. This case has been going on since November 2015 I am still on the county level and my lawyer is not great on communication
Expert:  Taylor replied 6 months ago.

It is the same regardless. unfortunately, Judges are not bound by time limits when deciding motions.

Expert:  Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Does that answer your question adequately? If it has been 60 days, i would be surprised if the judge wasnt releasing his/her decision shortly.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the longer it takes is is generally a good or a bad thing
Expert:  Taylor replied 6 months ago.

unfortunately the amount of time it takes for the judge to give his decision is not a indication of good or bad. It is simply how long it takes him to make and write his decision.

Expert:  Taylor replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry for the delayed response. does that adequately answer your question? if so, i would really appreciate a positive rating when you are satisfied!

Expert:  Taylor replied 5 months ago.

is there anything else i can answer for you??