Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I got a protective order against my husband Monday and I

Customer Question

I got a protective order against my husband Monday and I didn't know I pressed charges against him at the same time, I want them dropped.
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have a divorce lawyer but can never get in touch with them and I don't think I even want to get divorced anymore, I still love him.
JA: Divorce can be tough for everyone involved, but arming yourself with accurate information is key to taking charge of a situation. For starters, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed in court yet?
Customer: Pertaining to divorce? No
JA: Divorce is seldom "one size fits all", so I recommend you spend a little time with one of the legal eagles we work with. It would be my pleasure to match you with the best fit. Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 6 months ago.

Good evening:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Now, when you say that you "pressed charges" against him, are you referring to criminal domestic battery/violence charges?