RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years

I am in need of a sample letter on criminal charges

Customer Question

I am in need of a sample letter for leniency on criminal charges trafficking stolen property in az
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA .Ray here to help you tonight.Give me a couple of minutes.

Dear Honorable {judge's name}

I am writing this letter on behalf of [name]. He is charged with trafficking stolen property before this honorable court and I would like to ask for leniency of the charges against him in this matter. The reason for my request is that at the time of the incident there were extenuating circumstances. ***** ***** had recently had to deal with the death of a parent, a substance abuse problem, and loss of job.He was unfortunately driven to a criminal act out of desperation. I feel like Robert if give the chance would be able to turn his life around and become a constructive citizen again and support his family to the best of his abilities.I think he has learned from his mistake and really prison would not be necessary or beneficial in this case.

In addition , I would also ask this honorable court to consider probation and community service so that Robert can be a productive member of society while providing services for others and given a chance to show he can stay clean , sober, and out of trouble..

For the reasons stated above, I ask for your consideration of this matter.

{Your name}

Something like this fel free to modify.I appreciate your chance to help tonight.Thanks again.