Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience

I was subpoenaed trial of my my ex-boyfriend but had my own

Customer Question

Hi I was subpoenaed for the trial of my my ex-boyfriend but had my own trial at the same time as his trial. Should I go into his courtroom when I'm done with my case?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: If I don't go would I be arrested? I'm in WA
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: My lawyer has been very very very hard to talk to... He doesn't return calls it answer my questions he wasn't even at my trial today... Someone else handled my case
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: I just don't know what is going on and if I should leave or walk into his court case. My name is ***** ***** for my trial on today's docket. Just don't want to leave and end up arrested
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

The answer is yes, you do want to go to his courtroom once you are finished with your trial. If you do not either show up for his court date due to the subpoena, or otherwise let the court know that you have a legal conflict on that date prior to the date you are supposed to show up on subpoena, then you can be held in contempt. If you are held in contempt, you can be arrested.

So, you have two choices...notify the court of your conflict and ask to be released from the subpoena, or show up to his trial once your trial is finished.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings bar on your end so I can receive credit for my response from the site.

Thank you and best wishes!

Did you have any other questions or concerns?

Just checking to see if you have any other questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks