Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

How can you post bail in texas then if grand jury indicts

Customer Question

How can you post bail in texas then if grand jury indicts you they can give you a higher bond...which you will be sent too jail twice for one crime
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Bail can always be reviewed and adjusted upwards or downwards based on a change of circumstances having to do with the case. So if bail was set in a reasonable amount based because the judge felt it was unlikely to be indicted, for example, but the state indicted, the change of circumstance against the defendant could properly allow a judge to raise bail.

The converse is true too. A failure to indict could be grounds for a defense attorney to ask for lower bail.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.