Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a warrant in lousiana, it's from a few years ago, i

Customer Question

i have a warrant in lousiana, it's from a few years ago, i live in texas now and im trying to get my license for the first time, but i don't know if thats going to stop me.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: the warrant was issued a few years ago in lousiana and i live in texas now
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no im a single mom and i dont have alot of money
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: like what?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What is the warrant for (criminal matter, failure to show up in civil court, etc)?

2) How long ago was it issued, exactly?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.