Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am wondering if you could help with... I am wondering if

Customer Question

Hi I am wondering if you could help with...
Hi I am wondering if you could help with a letter to the sentencing judge. I pled quilty to trafficking stolen property, I do have a misdemeanor charge from another state from 1993. Reason for this current crime was due to me being in a very bad abusive relationship and my ex had threatened me and Iwas in fear of my life, while he was high on meth and heroin. I am very sorry for my actions and feel so ashamed that I was involved. I am a single mom now and am asking that you please don't sentence me to jail, my youngest son still is traumatized due to the abusive he witnessed and if I go to jail I will lose my son my job my house everything I have. I have been on pre-trial services since Oct and have cooperated fully with no problems which is exactly what I will continue to do if I am sentenced to probation. also want the judge to know how real my fear was of being harmed and my ex who I kicked out in Oct was just arrested in CA May 12,2016 for 1st degree murder with malice on his new girlfriend killed her with a screwdriver
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am going to be signing off in a few minutes but noticed no one had picked up on your question,

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

I'll be back on first thing tomorrow morning.