Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A coworker or acquaintance of a coworker has shown nude

Customer Question

A coworker or acquaintance of a coworker has shown nude pictures of me to others in the office and even our director and VP apparently are aware of it. I have no way of knowing who has done this because no one will even speak to me. People now avert their eyes or walk in another direction whenever I am close by. The HR department apparently knows about it as well but has not brought it to my attention as to who did this, why, etc. It has made my life at work very uncomfortable and stressful and I'm constantly having anxiety and sleepless nights because of it. Is there any legal recourse for this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Have you seen this nude photo? How was the photo obtained?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know the photo in question because it came from a dating service I was using. So I imagine someone at my office or someone they know must have been on the service and has since passed it around to everyone under the sun.

Thank you for your follow up.

Why would you post a nude photo on a website or send it to anyone?

Did you realize that once such nude photo is distributed by you, then it can be forwarded to anyone and no expectation of privacy would any longer exist when it comes to such nude photo?