Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

To shorten my sentence : Idaho : I have a lawyer. But I

Customer Question

To shorten my sentence
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Idaho
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have a lawyer. But I haven't talked to him. So I got 4 felony & 3 were dropped im keeping 1
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Well I got charged with public assistance, I have never been in trouble. My sisters also were charged with the same thing one just got sentence to 1 year in prison
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

If so, what's your question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can I get my sentencing reduced or do I have to do the whole year. I heard of so many other cases and some people get out alot earlier
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

If you got sentenced to a year, you'd be expected to do the entire year, minus any time you have already served for the case and minus your "good time," which, depending upon your state can be a couple of months off of the sentence.

There's no early release for a misdemeanor sentence beyond that. That is, there's no work release opportunity to get you out earlier.