Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My husband is in federal prison in Indiana. Can he get shock

Customer Question

my husband is in federal prison in Indiana. Can he get shock probation. He as medical problems and has a pacemaker/defibrillator monitor that they can not hook up and they can not monitor his heart.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of your husband's health concerns. However, there is no "shock probation" in the federal system.

I suggest if the prison is not able to tend to his medical conditions, then there could be a possible civil rights violation. IN that regard, I suggest he can talk to his case manager and see what options are available for him to be released to medical facility to serve his time.

In the meantime, I suggest you consider contacting your local ACLU and discuss the mis treatment because they cannot offer the medical monitoring that he needs.

HERE IS A LINK for the ACLU in your state so you can contact them.

I also suggest you can contact the Department of Justice and tell them of your husband's health problems and how he is being neglected and not given the proper monitoring for his heart condition. (###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.