Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

MY MOM PASSED AWAY AND WE USED THE MONEY ON HER FOOD STAMP

Customer Question

MY MOM PASSED AWAY AND WE USED THE MONEY ON HER FOOD STAMP CARD
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO NOT YET AN INVESTIGATOR JUST LEFT HIS CARD IN MY MAIL BOX TODAY
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: WELL WE HAD HER CARD AND THOUGHT WE COULD USE UP WHAT WAS LEFT ON HER CARD
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: LIKE WHAT
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

How much money was used on the card, approximately.

.

How long was the card used? (a month, 2, 6 months?)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know maybe $800
she passed away November 2014

I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However,if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for"additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Is this the first contact you have had from them?

.

How long did you use the card? I understand that she passed in 2014.... But did you use the card for a week, a month, 6 months, etc.?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that's ok I will contact an attorney tomorrow

Did you see my other questions? If I can get that information, I can probably point you in the right direction..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is in NJ and we used the card on an off since she passed away

Ok so I take that to mean that you have used it since 2014 up until now?

,

And you think that you only spent about $800 in all that time?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like this to be private

I can ask the folks at JustAnswer to lock the question from public view once we are done and my service has been rated. Then not even I will be able to see the question..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please lock the question

I can only do so after it has been rated and closed. Then I can put in a request to JustAnswer to lock it. I am not a JustAnswer employee, I am just a site user like you, so I have to ask them to lock it after a question is rated.

.

But nothing personal is being displayed at this time as you have an anonymous ID of JACUSTOMER-6pxobou8-

.

So as long as you don't put your name or address or other personal information, there is no way for anyone to discover who you are.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok lets close this out and have them lock it

I haven't really answered your question yet and I want to make sure that you have as much information as you can to make the best decision for your situation...

.

But I can enable the rating button if you would like...

.

.