Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am trying to get criminal story granddaughters father in

Customer Question

I am trying to get criminal history for my granddaughters father in order to renew her passport without his signature. We reside in Mexico and she is 5 years old. There has been no contact so we need to see if he is in jail.
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes. In California. We are in Cabo San Lucas. His last know residence was Idaho.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: Get his background and criminal record. We have meeting at US Consulate today. Trying to bring proof.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: Idk I know there are wants warrants etc. in Ca. That's why he was in Idaho.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but we cannot obtain his criminal history for you, the attorney you hired in CA should be the one doing that. Legally this site is prevented from representing you, which would include looking for his criminal history. I do apologize for any confusion in what we can do.