Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

Is it illegal convicted felon (22 years ago) to purchase

Customer Question

Is it illegal for a convicted felon (22 years ago) to purchase ammunition?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: That's your answer?
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Straight-forward question......Is it illegal for a convicted felon (22 years ago) to purchase ammunition?
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. Every state is different however and the answer to your question depend heavily on the state involved. What state would this be?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Texas

Thank you for that information.

The answer would then be no, it would not be illegal for a person convicted of a felony 22 years ago to possess ammunition as there is no statute which prohibits one from doing so under TX law.

If you have other questions based on this, please ask.

If not, remember that expert here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for providing general information to people until they click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated.

***General information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction as to be specific facts present in your situation***

If you have no other questions, please remember that experts here rely on the individual clicking ACCEPT in order to be credited for taking the time to assist.