Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a friend who works large addiction treatment facility

Customer Question

I have a friend who works for a large addiction treatment facility in the State of Florida. She was a client at the firm for one month and then two months later started working at the firm. After working at the firm for 2 years she began a romantic relationship with the therapist who was her therapist and now she is wondering if what she is doing is legal and allowed or if she is going to get the therapist in trouble. Do you have any guidance on this issue?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. Just to be clear, the relationship started AFTER she was no longer a patient?