CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I was chatting online with a gal that claimed to be 16

Customer Question

Hi. I was chatting online with a gal that claimed to be 16 although her profile said 18. She wanted to give me her picture so I gave her my number. She also said she wanted me to meet her at the local walmart, which I didnt even respond to. I did give her my number though. Shortly after I got a call from a male who knew my name. Their number was a private number. He was trying to get me to admit to soliciting to a minor. I told him I never saw where she claimed to be 16, regardless her name said she was 18. This person said they were going to send all this info to a grand jury and that I would go to prison and my asshole would be streched out by black men. Was this a sting by the fbi?
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: There was no talk of sex.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: But they accused me of soliciting a minor.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Dear Customer,

It is unlikely that this was law enforcement (they do not make threats of this nature), and it is more likely that you are being set up by a scam (there are unfortunately a fair number of individuals that attempt to scam others (primarily men) with these kinds of things as they believe their victims will be less likely to approach law enforcement for fear of prosecution themselves).

While it is usually a good idea to avoid any type of site that even borders on this (not simply to avoid a "sting operation" but to avoid any risk of actual interaction with a minor), based on the vulgar threat that you received, I am doubtful that this was a legitimate law enforcement operation.