Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What is the proper steps in reporting my 57 year old son who

Customer Question

What is the proper steps in reporting my 57 year old son who is a general contractor who started work on my house and did not complete it, leaving me, his 78 yr. old mother to finish it herself. He took money from me that I gave him for material but kept the majority of money for himself knowing that I am on social security. He just took off. Also, he drinks and drives. I reported the drunk driving before, but the police wouldn,t arrest him until they see it themselves. My opinion is that he needs to go before a Judge who I would hope to give him jail time to protect himself and the public from him being a danger to himself and others. Also, elder abuse is in too for him ripping me off and leaving me with an unfinished house. Thank you, ***** ***** *****
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I was a prosecutor for 9 years. I would like to know what state you are in because it sounds like you are a victim of elder abuse. I can get resources to find help if you give me this information.