CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

First time offender worth $550.00. It happened in kohls.

Customer Question

First time offender for theft worth $550.00. It happened in kohls. After the report, they called the police and the police checked my record that this is the first time. A court date is scheduled for July. I asked the police officer what will be the possible punishment. He said maybe 6 months of no record and then it will be removed
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I admit to stealing. And was told that I can never go to kohls in all state even in their parking lot. My concern since this is my first offense, is there a jail time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 4 months ago.

Do you want to fight this and go to trial or try and resolve it?

Hi, are you still with me?