PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I got a 2nd DUI in CA in Aug 2014, then was convicted in

Customer Question

I got a 2nd DUI in CA in Aug 2014, then was convicted in court May 2015 which is what the DMV is going off of. I moved to GA in Sep 2014 and my license in GA was canceled Nov 2015. I've been trying to get it straightened out and get a 1650 waiver but was advised I have to wait until November 2016. Why is that, and more importantly, what can I do?!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 11 months ago.
Hi,I got a 2nd DUI in CA in Aug 2014, then was convicted in court May 2015 which is what the DMV is going off of. I moved to GA in Sep 2014 and my license in GA was canceled Nov 2015. I've been trying to get it straightened out and get a 1650 waiver but was advised I have to wait until November 2016. Why is that, Response 1: In Georgia, a second offense of DUI results in license suspension for three years. http://www.gahighwaysafety.org/highway-safety/impaired-driving-laws/ and more importantly, what can I do?! Response 2: There is nothing you can do about reinstatement at this time. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.