Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

I need to get out of jury duty in Los Angeles County.

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. You have the ability to return the juror summons with a written explanation of what you're not able to attend jury duty on the date you were called. Make sure it's a complete explanation of the circumstances that leave you unable to serve as a juror. This site lists some of the excuses people typically use and why they are or are not available. If the request is denied, you have to go on the date you're called, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be placed on a jury. If you're called in a group to be questioned, you can state any reasons you have for not being able to serve. For example, if you were being asked to sit on a trial that could take 3 weeks and you had a vacation planned during that time, you'd usually be excused. If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.