Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I just ran a background check of myself and the criminal

Customer Question

I just ran a background check of myself and the criminal part reads as a conviction for a 3513. I was arrested for a VGCSA. The outcome was that i was not convicted under the first offenders act. So what is the background check inaccurate?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Oh nobthis was back in 2005
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Im not charged. This occurred in 2005.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you obtained a copy of the court record from the GA court yet where the case was heard?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No i had a CA attornney. I plead first offenders compkete
Thank you for your reply.
So you need to get the record from the court where you entered the plea, that is the first step. If the record shows that no conviction was entered, then you need to provide a true copy of that record to the background check company and inform them their information is incorrect and you are providing them notice and proof to correct the record and if they fail to do so you will sue them for defamation/libel for reporting inaccurate records.
If the court record is not correct, you need to file a motion to correct the record in that court and get the court's record fixed to reflect no conviction.