How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 115464
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just ran a background check of myself and the criminal

Customer Question

I just ran a background check of myself and the criminal part reads as a conviction for a 3513. I was arrested for a VGCSA. The outcome was that i was not convicted under the first offenders act. So what is the background check inaccurate?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Oh nobthis was back in 2005
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Im not charged. This occurred in 2005.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you obtained a copy of the court record from the GA court yet where the case was heard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i had a CA attornney. I plead first offenders compkete
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So you need to get the record from the court where you entered the plea, that is the first step. If the record shows that no conviction was entered, then you need to provide a true copy of that record to the background check company and inform them their information is incorrect and you are providing them notice and proof to correct the record and if they fail to do so you will sue them for defamation/libel for reporting inaccurate records.
If the court record is not correct, you need to file a motion to correct the record in that court and get the court's record fixed to reflect no conviction.