Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I got convicted of ORS 163.575 a offence regarding my minor

Customer Question

I got convicted of ORS 163.575 a sexual offence regarding my minor daughter, It has been 29 years since I got arrested and charged. I have had a clean criminal history since then. Do I have any legal recourse, since I did plead guilty.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No the lawyer at that time, had advised me to plead guilty, and later get the charge expunged. Now, I find that this is not an exchangeable crime since it involved sex.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't really remember, much about about that time, or the specifics. Would a police report help?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Are you required to register as a sex offender?