Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
81266493

What is your sentence if the police searched your car and

Customer Question

what is your sentence if the police searched your car and found drug paraphenalia
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I have been an attorney for 27 years and a prosecutor for 9 years.Possession of drug paraphenalia in Pennsylvania is a Misdemeanor. You face up to 1 year in jail or a fine of up to $2500.Here is what the law states:(i) Any person who violates clauses (32), (33) and (34) of subsection (a) is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be sentenced to pay a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) or to imprisonment not exceeding one (1) year, or both. Any person who violates clause (33) by delivering drug paraphernalia to a person under eighteen (18) years of age who is three (3) or more years his junior shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree and upon conviction thereof shall be sentenced to pay a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars ($5,000) or to imprisonment not exceeding two (2) years, or both.Please let me know if I can help more. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me.