Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My son used my car and was in an area where a drug sting was

Customer Question

My son used my car and was in an area where a drug sting was underway. He was not held or charged with anything but they confiscated my car. The officer said that him being in that area screwed up the sting so that's why they were taking the Car. How do I get it back. They gave him a number to call but it is never answered.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, That's outrageous. You will get it back, but you will have to pay the impound fee to do so. Call the police that confiscated the car and ask them for another phone number. If you get a runaround contact a local civil attorney, and let him deal with this for you. It does not sound as if your son did anything wrong, and they had no basis to take your car.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thre