LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

My friend is in a Nevada jail but has a Ramey warrant in

Customer Question

My friend is in a Nevada jail but has a Ramey warrant in California. Should he fight extradition to California or waive extradition and take care of the warrant?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of your friend's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The Ramey warrant is just as valid as a warrant obtained by a state prosecutor. A judge looked at the evidence held by the police and found probable cause to believe that your friend committed a crime, and issued the warrant. There is little to be gained by fighting extradition and he will eventually lose the fight----so it really will be in his best interest to stop fighting extradition and agree to return to CA to face the criminal charge. He will in all probability be able to bond out and remain free to assist in his defense of the charge following his arraignment ion CA. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug