CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I have a friend who was arrested violation and failure to

Customer Question

I have a friend who was arrested for traffic violation and failure to appear we are trying to get him out at the bail hearing on his own recognizance is and I need to know what I need to do if I need to speak to the prosecuting attorney or how do I approach the judge or if I can file a motion pro say before is hearing this morning I'm on a time sensitive issue I'm a former paralegal but I'm now blind
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You can not represent him or speak on his behalf. Her would need to either retain counsel or speak on his own. When he goes before the Judge, the key is to convince the court that he poses no threat or danger to the community, this is a non-violent crime, he has ties to the community and that he promises to appear at all subsequent hearings. He could even propose some type of pre-trial release, in lieu of the bond and seeing how this is for a simply traffic violation / failure to appear, there is no reason to hold him and set a bond which he can to afford.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help so please just let me know.