N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

Indiana 16 age of consent contact? Is kissing included?

Customer Question

Indiana 16 age of consent for sexual contact? Is kissing included? If you are 15 what age can you consent to kiss? If you are 15 have mental illness age of consent different? To kiss up to what age?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. Mental illness is not a factor unless it impairs the person's ability to knowingly consent to sexual activity. Many people with mental illness are very functional, some are not. "The age of consent in Indiana is 16. However, Indiana has a "Romeo and Juliet law" that permits 14 and 15 year olds to engage in non-forced sexual activity with peers who are no more than 4 years older."FROM Kissing is not sex, but it is sexual conduct. Please let me know if this does not answer your question prior to rating my answer. I hope this information is helpful.