Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What are the 5 most important things the State Bar is

Customer Question

What are the 5 most important things the State Bar is looking for when you file a complaint against your attorney. I am reading the Bar Website, and just getting lost.I know one is a trust accounting.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. I am a CA licensed attorney and have been for 30+ years. 1. What makes you think that there are 5 things most looked for in Bar complaints against attorneys?2. What is it that you really are looking to learn?Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I don't know there are 5, I thought there were 5.
But this is what happened, he did not have a trust account, took money slated for trial costs for fee's with out telling me, or sending me monthly bills
dragging me to a settlement conference against my doctors advice, stating there was a court order, yet there was not one.
Using my private medical records (that were not used in my case) to argue before fee arbitration, that I was crazy. I did not give permission for him to use.I am looking for the key points the State Bar wants to review when I file a complaint.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, Given the vagueness of the information you are seeking and the multiple issues that you bring up, realistically for me to adequately assist you it will be extremely helpful if we talk by phone. Because of the necessary back and forth that will needed to assist you in written form, and because of your unfamiliarity with the litigation process as evidenced by some of your statements, this question could well drag on for hours or days. For this reason I ask that you accept the call offer I have made to you. Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nevermind, i will keep searching the Bar Web site.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Best of luck to you.Doug