Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Accused of shoplifting (at of all places goodwill they have

Customer Question

Accused of shoplifting (at of all places goodwill they have my merchandise) i left because they were bombarding me 6 women amd poking me to sit down now the police said i have to come in and write a statement. Do I? Also the police sent a ticket in the mail under 5oo$ ticket had a lettwr on my plate (tag wrong) also wrong birth year. Ticket said no appearance
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 11 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. The police will want to interview about the accusation of shoplifting. You are under no legal obligation to participate without a local attorney present. Remember anything you say can and will be used against you in court. What is your question exactly about the ticket, please? IF they got your tag wrong how did they get your name and address?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I assume from the discount card they punch in for discounts
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cant i pay you to call
I do not participate in the phone calls offered by this site.
thank you. So they know who you are - correct? And what is your question?
I suggest you can take the ticket to the court house and tell them you want a hearing and you can plead not guilty. But if they have your information from the discount card and there are witnesses who can testify against you, you might not win.
If you simply pay the ticket, you will have a misdemeanor shoplifting conviction.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What happens if i do not go for stmt and ticket with wrong info? What about not goingmin for stmt
If you don't go for a statement, it won't matter. You have no legal obligation to participate. And they have already written you the ticket which indicates to me that they are certain they can ID you with witnesses.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not getting Anything
Excuse me I don't understand your response. Please clarify.
What do you mean "not getting anything?"