Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

You helped me on 5/5 Order ID: 16269190-320 I have a couple

Customer Question

You helped me on 5/5 Order ID: 16269190-320
I have a couple of additional questions on completing the Petition to Expunge in Florida:
1. It asks for a Case # ***** Division. I have the case #***** but do not know the Division (my arrest was for shoplifting.) Would it be Criminal Division?
3. The last paragraph reads:
"I HEREBY CERTIFY that a true and correct copy of the foregoing pleading has been served on the State Attorney for the Seventh Judicial Circuit, Putnam County, Florida; Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Fort Lauderdale Police Department (Arresting Agency) on _______ day of ___________, 20 ____. "
What date is to be listed...the date I complete the form and mail it? (I am Indiana and will send this by certified mail)
THANK YOU,
Laura *****
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is "In the Circuit/County Court 17th Circuit"
For and in Broward County."
I hereby certify that a true and correct copy of the foregoing pleading has been served on the State Attorney for the 17th Judicial Circuit, Broward county, Florida...
The date listed is the date you put the form in the mail.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have that listed on the top of the form. It is asking for the Division. This is how it appears on the Petition:In the CIRCUIT/COUNTY Court
of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit
in and for Broward County, Florida.Case No. ___________________
Division ____________________My question was in reference to the Division.
Thank you for your reply.
It would be the same division listed on your conviction paperwork and if you do not know it you leave it blank until you get the information from the clerk's office. Typically it would be criminal division, but you need to double check it with the clerk who would have the information on the document of your conviction.
Thank you for your reply. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.