Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

I have a friend who is curious to know if it is illegal to

Customer Question

I have a friend who is curious to know if it is illegal to pay for adult sex web cam sites?
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: It's not for me. It's for a friend. Just doing research for him
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: It was a one time thing. He payed to watch a girl on an adult webcam site strip and do things to herself. No he is worried he can be in trouble
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not really. It was a adult website with a subscription. Both parties are over 18
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. No, as long as both parties are at least 18, there is nothing unlawful with online sexual content, or virtual sex by webcam. Since there is no real physical sex it would not be considered prostitution (at least not under current law) even if the Site is a pay for Site. The only criminal law issue that generally arises from these type of websites is the age of the parties. Under 18 and there is a child pornography issue. Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you
Hello again,I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 17th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox. In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: you.