Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I live in Kansas. My dog is being accused of being aggressive.

Customer Question

I live in Kansas. My dog is being accused of being aggressive. Do I have the right to see the records of accusations aganist the dog and when filed. There is a concerning reason why. The small town is telling me I can't until I'm seen the 2nd court date.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me: 1) WHO is accusing your dog of being aggressive?2) To WHOM has the complaint been made (police, city, etc)?3) Has this accusation resulted in a lawsuit or a criminal action against you? By whom - the city, a private individual, the county, etc? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!