Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

My son was arrested degree armed robbery and the

Customer Question

My son was arrested for second degree armed robbery and the DA is offering plea deal of attempted burglary. If he accepts then what would be his sentence in NY? his convict friends have had 6 months, 5 year probation. What would actually be his sentence?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.
Hello, A burglary in the 2nd degree is a class C violent felony. And attempted Burg 2 is a class D violent felony. Probation would be possible. Felony probation in New York last for five years. Whether the district attorney would agree to probation is another matter and will depend upon the facts and circumstances of this case. The minimum jail sentence on a class D violent felonies two years and the maximum would be seven.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.