ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can you get arrested of sex via text message

Customer Question

Can you get arrested for proposition of sex via text message but never meeting
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I don't know if I need one
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Met on a arrangement Web site exchanged numbers saying she needed financial help I asked how could I help she said she need 300 to make rent to make a long story short sex talk via text in the manner took place then she said she had to cancel then she text later about a threesome and wanted to know my name and where I lived in gave her my name but not where I lived sensed something was not right and told her to go to he'll then her friend said she was with law enforcement
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: No that about covers it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's possible, but highly, highly unlikely. The reason is that there's always a chance that you could say that the text message was misinterpreted, etc... and if there's a reasonable doubt, the jury would acquit. Prosecutors typically only take cases to court if it's clear, and that typically means catching you when you go to meet or even getting your voice on tape saying that you're paying for sex. It's possible that you could be prosecuted by a text message, but very, very unlikely. It's also very, very unlikely that she's with the police. It's FAR more likely that she's trying to scam you, having you pay a certain amount otherwise she'll prosecute you or go to the police. I would suggest that you cease communications with her (because whether or not she's police, there's NOTHING good that would come from continued communications with her). And I really wouldn't worry about it, as it's almost certain that nothing is going to come of it. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?