Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Is it a crime to lie or purgery a judge and cival courts for

Customer Question

Is it a crime to lie or purgery a judge and cival courts for a landlord to get an eviction without ever serving a tenant,not just once but twice. What penalty or jail time for such a crime to a disabled person
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. It is indeed unlawful for any individual to knowingly provide a false statement while under oath or while submitting documentation that provides a certification provision where the individual submitting such documentation affirms that everything is true and correct. The penalties for such an offense can range from minimal to severe. May I ask, in what state is this occurring in? This information will allow me to provide more accurate general information as it pertains to your question.