MIAMILAW1127, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

If someone is arrested and has no criminal background,

Customer Question

if someone is arrested for harassment and has no criminal background, will they be released after pre-trial or be held in jail until bail is met?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. There is no definite answer as this is up to the discretion of the judge. However, with no priors and for such a minor offense, it is highly likely that they will be released on their own recognizance without bail. If the judge places bail, then they will need to pay bail prior to being released. I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.