Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

What do I need to do to be taken off parole in Maryland. Have

Customer Question

What do I need to do to be taken off parole in Maryland.
Have been on for 7 years and am only supposed to call in any changes in job, re-arrest, travel. No reporting other than that.
I am on until 2036 unless I can be releived of the burden.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have been in compliance with your probation and have not had any violations in 7 years, then you have a right to file a motion for post conviction relief and ask the court for an early termination of probation. You would have to prove you have complied with the terms without violation and also you would have to demonstrate that there is a significant hardship regarding your career regarding the continuation of probation and it would serve no purpose and finally you would have to show that there is no chance of you violating again.