Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My nephew ran away from his abusive household and came to my

Customer Question

My nephew ran away from his abusive household and came to my house, I called the police and they insist on returning him, he is afraid for his life
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: He is 16 and not attending school, he is being physically, emotionally and mentally abused so he ran away
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years. Can you please tell me what state you are in?