N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

I know someone who wants to pay off their court fines in Scott

Customer Question

I know someone who wants to pay off their court fines in Scott County, VA, but is afraid of being arrested, she has a job and 2 children, and doesn't want to jeopardize anything/anyone, what should she do?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: Would she be arrested, she's already served her time?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, she barely has the money to pay the fines
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She was originally arrested on a felony for selling pills to an undercover cop, was on house arrest for 6 months, then served 10 weekends in jail, and was finished except for paying the fines, and that was at least 3 yrs ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. She can mail a money order with a cover letter to the Court that imposed the fines. The cover letter can say something like enclosed herewith please find a money order for $___ as full payment for the fines imposed in Case No. ___. I hope this information is helpful.