RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I was pulled over dui in Maryland. I took the Breathalyzer

Customer Question

i was pulled over for a dui in Maryland. I took the Breathalyzer test and my bac was 0.05. the officers said he was not going to give me a ticket but I cant remember what he said he was going to do. then they followed me to a parking lot and made me sit for a while before I could go home. should I be worried.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you. Given the circumstances as you describe them, no I don't think you have anything to worry about. With the low BAC, and presumably because you must not have appeared to be that under the influence (because you can still get a DUI with a BAC under the legal limit), it sounds like the officer was letting you off with a warning and was most concerned for your safety and public safety, which is why they had you stay in a parking lot for awhile before allowing you to leave. If they had wanted to arrest you, or give you a citation to appear for a DUI charge (which is basically an "arrest"), they would have done it that night. Your complete satisfaction is my goal. If you need additional information or clarification about my answer, please reply, and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts such as myself are compensated on this site for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. It doesn't cost you anything extra to leave a rating. Thank you.
If you have no further questions about this matter, kindly remember to leave positive feedback, as that is the only way experts are compensated for our time. Thank you.