Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Can i get my concealed weapons license in florida if adjudification

Customer Question

can i get my concealed weapons license in florida if adjudification is witheld on a none violent felony
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, I do not have good news for you. That is, despite the fact that your felony does not constitute a conviction any more under Florida law, for purposes of their firearm prohibitions, the Federal government considers an adjudication withheld as if it were a felony conviction. That means you do not have any Federal 2nd Amendment rights and, since Federal law trumps state, you could be prosecuted Federally for having anything to do with a gun anywhere in the US or its territories.

For that reason, you'd be denied a Florida CCW.