Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

If someone alleges domestic violence charges against you from

Customer Question

If someone alleges domestic violence charges against you from another state (at the airport during exchange of kids for visitation), and I did not physically touch this person (took a half swing and realized my error and stopped); plus, she pushed me to start it all off, what are the chances this goes anywhere? I had an officer call me, start to read me my rights, I stopped him and said I wanted an attorney, and then changed my mind and asked him to call me back in 15 because I was driving with my kids. When he calls back, he fails to read me my rights, and I tell my side of the story. There is no viable video from the incident. Airport camera's did not get a full view and the officer says it was inconclusive. He's writing his report and sending it to the DA's office. I have no prior criminal record. 100% service connected disabled veteran. Can't believe this is happening now 6 months after the incident.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.It would be impossible for anyone to guess as to whether criminal charges will be filed and/or pursue in any specific case, since it is always up to the discretion of the specific prosecutor who would be reviewing the police report and investigation, however, generally, without some type of visible injury or other evidence, such as video / photo of the domestic battery / assault or independent witnesses(es) generally, the chances of DA pursuing criminal charges are pretty slim.I wish you the best of luck!